Contemporary Cryptography, Second Edition
A book published by
Artech House Publishers in the Information
Security and Privacy Series
Order book from Amazon.com
Rolf Oppliger, Ph.D.
eSECURITY Technologies Rolf Oppliger
CH-3074 Muri b. Bern, Switzerland
Phone/Fax: +41 079 654 84 37
The book provides an overview about contemporary cryptography.
The book is intended for computer scientists, electrical engineers, and mathematicians
both in research and practice. The book is also intended for computer practitioners,
consultants, and information officers who want to gain some insight into the fascinating
and fastly evolving field.
Foreword by Gene Spafford
2. Cryptographic Systems
Part I: Unkeyed Cryptosystems
3. One-Way Functions
4. Cryptographic Hash Functions
5. Random Bit Generators
Part II: Secret Key Cryptosystems
6. Symmetric Encryption Systems
7. Message Authentication Systems
8. Pseudorandom Bit Generators
9. Pseudorandom Functions
Part III: Public Key Cryptosystems
10. Asymmetric Encryption Systems
11. Digital Signature Systems
12. Key Establishment
13. Entity Authentication
14. Secure Multi-Party Computation
Part IV: Conclusions
15. Key Management
Appendix A: Discrete Mathematics
Appendix B: Probability Theory
Appendix C: Information Theory
Appendix D: Complexity Theory
List of Symbols
Abbreviations and Acronyms
About the Author
- Page 121, line 21: In reference , the word "May" between "August" and "2008"
is obsolete and should be removed
- Page 219, bottom: In each formula, the invocation of the function is missing, i.e.,
s_i = s_0 + i must be replaced with s_i = f(s_0 + i) for i=1,2,3
- Page 476, line 16: The word "Appendix" must be replaced with "factorization"
- On November 5 - 9, 2018, 2018, Rolf Oppliger will carry out a 5-day Crypto Bootcamp on behalf of the eSECURITY EDUCATION
CENTER (download flyer).
- A preprint of Chapters 1 & 2 for a 3rd edition of the book is available
© 2018 Rolf Oppliger